1. Thick Air mattress –
You don’t want her sneaking in to your bed in the middle of the night. Also if she doesn’t get a good night sleep you know she will be a little bitch the next day. A built in pump really helps because if it does start to deflate she can pump it up without waking you. This is the one I purchased for our mother daughter camping trip.
2. Camping Chair – They need to have their own chair to sit in around the fire. If she is sitting on the ground she is going to be complaining the whole time that she is getting dirty or that bugs are crawling on her. Also, you don’t want her trying to steel your chair. Let’s be real, if she nags enough and whines we are going to let her sit there just to shut her up!
3. Beach Towel – You don’t want to just pack a regular bath towel. She is going to need a giant beach towel to wrap herself in when she is cold getting out of the pool. She can also use it to lay in the sun or a blanket if she gets chilly at the campsite. If you get a fast drying one like this one, she won’t be complaining that her towel is always wet.
4. Swimsuit Cover-up – My daughter is very modest and I am very happy about that! She is not going to walk from the pool back to our site without covering up. So, a cover-up is a necessity, otherwise all her shorts would be soaked and I would need to do laundry and NOBODY wants that!
5. Marshmallow Roasting sticks – When it is time to roast marshmallows it is not fun to go searching for sticks in the dark. So, come prepared with these roasting sticks, she won’t drag you off into the woods if she already has one.
They even sell kits with marshmallow sticks and mosquito repellent bracelets.
6. Bug repellent – Whether you chose to use the bug spray, the bracelets, patchesor the candles. You will definitely need it. Most people use the spray along with the candles, but my favorite is the Thermacell MR-LJ Portable Mosquito Repeller. You just place that down at your site and it keeps all the bugs away. It is fabulous! I hate bugs and so does my daughter so we need as much repellent as we can get!
7. Amazon Prime – She will be able to listen to music and watch movies as long as there is WiFi at the site. This will keep them occupied at night when it is time for some adult quiet time.
8. Dry Shampoo – No one likes to take showers in a public camp ground shower. Of course if you have a camper with a shower this isn’t an issue for you. However, if you are tenting or have a popup camper, dry shampoo is the way to go when you are not into showering that day.
9. Bluetooth Speaker – Both you and your teen will appreciate this. These are available in a wide range of prices and features including waterproof. What is camping without some great tunes playing to entertain us?
10. Comfortable Flip Flops – She will be walking to the pool, to the pavilion, around the camp ground and all over really. If she doesn’t have a comfortable pair of flip flops or sandals, you know who will hear about it right?
Camping is about spending time with your family, so use these helpful necessities to ensure you have a relaxing and pleasurable camping experience with your daughter.